The Learning Analytics Workshop
Time & Location
About The Event
With a total money spend of $145 billion on L&D in the US, 50% of this has no impact. Today more than ever before, creating scalable and sustainable measurement strategies measuring the quality of L&D is highly essential in organisations.
The Learning Analytics Workshop from the Metrics That Matter team at Explorance focuses on key measurement issues for learning and development units within for-profit, not-for-profit and government organisations. The programme will address the fundamental reasons for measuring the quality of training (to demonstrate effectiveness and provide information for continuous improvement). It will also provide insights about how to create a scalable and sustainable measurement strategy that provides timely and valuable information to stakeholders about the quality of training programmes.
Participants will spend time developing their own strategy and share best practices for tackling difficult problems like gaining support for measurement, building measurement skills within L&D, gathering and analysing data across an entire curriculum, reporting results to a variety of stakeholders, establishing governance councils, and taking action.
Attendees will also learn some cutting edge techniques for demonstrating and communicating value by aligning to business needs and using the Portfolio Evaluation Approach. The course will also cover leading practices for measuring informal learning and demonstrating its value to the organisation.
Course objectives include the following:
- Develop a business case for building a measurement practice within L&D
- Share best practices for learning analytics and training evaluation
- Define scrap learning, NPS, and performance improvement as key performance indicators of learning effectiveness
- Consider resource planning issues: Internal measurement teams, integrated systems and outsourced teams
- Demonstrate effective reporting practices and dashboard creation
- Examine the impact of manager support on training application and performance improvement
- Show how to measure the impact of informal learning events
- Applying advanced statistical analysis as needed
7 Reasons to attend:
- Gain the latest insights about Learning Analytics from John Mattox, the lead author of Learning Analytics: Measurement Innovations to Support Employee Development.
- Learn how to demonstrate impact with experimental designs and the comparison-to-standards approach for evaluation.
- Build your knowledge and skills regarding ways to scale your measurement processes to more efficiently measure the impact of training.
- Learn what Key Performance Indicators you should gather according to the Center for Talent Reporting (www.centerfortalentreporting.org) with regards to Efficiency, Effectiveness and Outcomes.
- Gain insights about how to measure informal learning events
- Learn about the new Portfolio Evaluation Approach and how it helps communicate value to business leaders.
- Meet other learning professionals who are interested in measuring the effectiveness of L&D programmes.
Who should attend?
- Head of Learning and Development / Chief Learning Officers / Chief Learning and Development Officers
- Head of Training and Development
- Head of Talent Management
- Human Resource Development / People Development
- Training Specialists / Learning Specialists
- OD Specialists / Change and Transformation Specialists
- HR Directors
- SETA Executives
- NGO Executives
Explorance is the world's largest provider of journey analytics solutions, supporting organisations’ in making the right decisions with fact-based feedback data. Through our comprehensive suite of solutions, including Metrics That Matter, Blue and Bluepulse, we sit at the heart of an organisation's continuous talent improvement strategies. For over 19 years, our solutions have been helping client organisations and their people assess needs, quantify value, improve competencies, and drive results over time. Our clients include hundreds of corporations, including 35% of the Fortune 100, hundreds of higher education institutions, the world's top consulting firms, key government organisations, and many learning providers across the globe.
Explorance works with 740 organisations in 45 countries, touching the lives of 12 million learners every day. Clients include organisations such as Intel, The World Bank, Lockheed Martin, Cigna, University of Chicago, Ciena and more.