Thu, 22 Nov|
Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, Sandton Joh
Succession Management Reinvented Conference
Turning traditional talent planning on it's head
Time & Location
22 Nov 2018, 08:00 – 16:00
Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, Sandton Joh, Rivonia Rd & West St Sandton, Benmore Gardens, Johannesburg, 2196, South Africa
About The Event
An Agile approach is a new way of managing succession management. Today, an Agile organisation built around empowered teams are the best way to constantly and nimbly match the right talent to the right strategic initiatives. Typical talent or succession planning and HR processes are designed for predictable environments, traditional ways of getting work done, and organizations where "lines and boxes" still define how people are managed. As work and organisations have become more fluid, and business strategy is no longer about planning years ahead but about sensing and seizing new opportunities and adapting to a constantly changing environment--companies must deploy talent in new ways to remain competitive. One needs to turn conventional views on their heads, talent and leadership and have a new and different playbook for managing, and deploying talent for today’s agile, digital, analytical, technologically driven strategic environment!
Succession management has been on the top of every HR professional and business leader’s list for years. However, succession management is not just for CEOs – a succession plan matters for the entire organisation. As critical as the CEO is to the company, there are plenty below whose absence would have ripple effects throughout the organisation. Is there a plan as to who would immediately fill the hole left behind?
When you dig a little deeper into a succession plan, you find there are lots of benefits for including everyone across the organisation. The succession plan is a great way to send the message that there is always room to grow, to “move up,” to try new opportunities. Companies who have succession plans in place communicate that they promote from within. When employees feel like there are opportunities to develop their skills, work with new people, and expand their job functions, they are more motivated to contribute beyond their designated role. For the employer, a succession plan helps everyone, particularly HR and managers, breathe a sigh of relief. It’s unsettling to know the success of an initiative is riding on the back of one person.
- Is your organisation building a succession pipeline that is future-oriented and ready for the continuous market disruptions and digital transformation? Are you ready to let go of out-dated succession processes and legacy systems and to embrace new approaches and solutions for succession management?
- Hear new practices that take Succession Management into the future and enhance your organisations ability to realise its strategic goals.
- Learn how practitioners take steps to address critical succession challenges at all levels of their enterprises.
- Join leaders, companies, and industry peers in learning about and discussing practices that are taking succession into the future and how they can be applied to your organisation.
Who Should Attend
Heads of/ Directors of /Senior managers in the following groups responsible for succession management:
- Succession Management
- Leadership and Executive Development
- Talent and Global Talent Management
- Training and Development
- Employee Development
- Learning and Development
- Workforce Planning
For more information about the Conference, please contact Debbie Atwell on firstname.lastname@example.org or + 27 83 651 1664.