Remote Worker Management
Time & Location
About The Event
For a number of years, the world of business has been tentatively moving towards allowing remote working. In fact, in 2019, around 70% of global professionals worked remotely at least one day per week, and 53% worked remotely at least half the week. The Corona Virus (COVID-19) has sped up the uptake of remote working across the globe with many countries declaring “lockdowns” which prevents anyone, except essential services, from leaving home. Managers have been plunged into the deep end of Managing Remote Workers because, it’s just not the same as managing people in an office environment. And the systems, processes and tools used in office environments, don’t translate easily into “work from home” environments. This course will explain some of the problems you could experience with Managing Remote Workers, and guide you through ways to effectively manage and engage your remote workers so that they remain motivated, committed and productive.
The Remote Worker Management program is an eLearning program that relies on an online Learner Management System (LMS). Therefore, learners need to have reliable internet access with the ability to view videos and download PDF files. Learners will also need to have access to Zoom for the virtual Q&A and Coaching sessions.
Each course is limited to between 5 and 15 learners. This should accommodate individuals and organisations that would like to put their entire team on the program.
The course runs twice monthly, starting on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month. There will be no courses starting from the 16 December to 16 January each year.
What you will learn:
· What do we mean by “remote” working?
· What are the common problems of remote working?
· Our Remote Worker Management framework
· How to communicate with your Remote Workforce
· What systems, processes and tools you can use to be most effective
· How to manage goals and delivery of product and services
What you will be able to do:
· Understand the issues that your team is facing by having to work remotely
· Deal with those issues in a variety of ways
· Set up systems, processes and tools to effectively communicate with and manage your remote workforce
· Manage the deliverables of your remote workforce
Who should Attend:
· Managers responsible for managing a remote workforce
· HR Professionals responsible for advising managers and remote workers
1 week (+- 8.5 hours)
Lessons: 4 Lessons, one lesson per day for 4 days
Time: 1 to 2 hours per day
On the Friday of the week there will be a virtual Question and Answer and Coaching session.
Non-members: R5 500 excl. VAT per delegate
Members: R4 400 excl. VAT per delegate
For more information, to receive a brochure or to register please contact Katie van der Schyff at email@example.com