Cape Town: How to future-ready your L&D department
Time & Location
About The Event
As the world of work continues to evolve, so will the role of the learning leader. The key trends for 2020 reflect the broadening role of L&D to deliver effective learning solutions at the speed of change. Learning and development professionals must wear many hats and continue to gain new responsibilities beyond their traditional role, taking a more strategic and proactive role in planning and developing training that’s aligned with business goals. There is the need to upskill and reskill at a faster rate, deploying learning experiences quickly to close the technical and soft skills gaps and prepare for the future. In these exciting times, L&D professionals can choose to be disrupted or choose to be the disruptors. They can be forced to change or lead the change. They can learn new skills or be stagnant.
In this morning session we will discuss what organisations are doing to future-ready themselves as well as their organisation, and how the role of learning and development professionals must expand to serve as consultants with additional know-how and responsibilities, which will require new competencies.
- What are the shifts that will move learning and development to an imperative part of the talent strategy
- How is the L&D function reinventing itself to ensure that organisations have the capabilities to succeed?
- In this Fourth Industrial Age, how does L&D need to change? What does the future of learning look like
- What does L&D need to do differently, and what new skills do L&D professionals need?
- The expanding roles and responsibilities required from L & D professionals?
- How to prepare for the future when budgets are limited
Lori Kasselman, Head of Learning, Vodacom
Kenny Khoza, Learning and Development Manager, Engen
Alice Bhebhe, Head of Learning, Pearson
Clelland Kruger, Head of Learning and Development, Metropolitan
07:30-08:30 Breakfast and registration
08:30-10:30 Discussion facilitated by Lize Moldenhauer, MD, Omni HR Consulting
10:30 Wrap-up and closure
L&D Community members: R350 (excl. VAT)
Non members: R550 (excl. VAT)